Project Locations: Kabul
Duration of project: 2012-2016
Donor of the project: Kinder Not Hilfe (KNH)
Project status: Ongoing
HAWCA since 2003 has the experience of running a number of peace building centers for children aged 7 to 14 in different provinces especially for marginalized and street working children. Many years of implementing peace building project have given us the skill to experience new methods for better way of reaching our objectives.
The year 2015 was another successful year for the project Peace Building. 335 students were enrolled in our peace building center out of which 146 were boys and 189 were girls. At the end of 2015 a number of 20 students graduated from this center with flying colors.
The peace building center has provided the following services in 2015:
- A peaceful environment for the children to come study peacefully
- Provided psychosocial counselling to the children and their families
- Provided awareness on child rights and human rights to the local community, parents and other involved person
- Provided English and computer classes for the students
- Provided a well- resourced library for children at the center
- Provided a well-equipped theater room where the students were able to watch cartoons and educative documentaries